Friday, October 3, 2008

KIDS!!!!

My whole thought.....my whole life is about my kids. Everything in my life involves my kids. I love them to death......yet I get so frustrated with them. I have really been trying to change that. Yes, kids are frustrating, but I want my kids to be kids and to know how much I really love them and enjoy being around them.

Once you have children, you almost feel crazy. I love them. Every thought I have of them is love.....but they are frustrating. Austin just pushes and pushes.......and Aiden has hit the terrible twos full force. But, every time I see a movie where a parent is about to lose their child, I can't help but cry. I wish I had some sort of social life now, but I don't. I stay home and it feel like "deal with the kids", but I have been trying to see it as being able to spend time with my kids before they go to school. I want to make an impression on them before the rest of the world can. That is what my parents did with me. I don't think it worked on the rest of my siblings, but it worked on me. I want to do all I can do to help them be good people. I want to show them that the teenage years may seem so very important.........the impression you make may seem important, but it is really doing the opposite of what everyone else expects/does that makes you a better person. I made my mistakes, but they were very minor. I don't really know what I am doing. Sometimes I feel lost. I just hope I do a better job of raising them than I feel like I'm doing.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

1)yay! you started a blog! haha. and, i know you love your kids. you are a great mom, and i am sure they know you love them too. this world is big and scary and it's intimidating to realize that at some point...your kids are going to have to be in it, making their own choices. and i know that with you as their mom, they'll be a lot more able to make the right choices and do the right things in life.

love you girlie, and i miss you! :)